Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia - Elizabeth Gilbert The most self-indulgent, self-focused, self-promoting book poorly disguised as a spiritual awakening journey I've ever read (or actually listened to). Yes, I listened to the audiobook, read by the author, and I had to stop in fear of my ears bleeding. I was immediately turned off to Ms. Gilbert in the beginning of the book when she was moaning about being married and the possibility of having children (Oh the horror!!) Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that everyone is meant to or should have children. There are too many people in this world who have children that probably shouldn't have. However, I have a big problem with some feminists' beliefs that when you have a child somehow your life is over. She quoted her sister who had told her that having a child is like getting a tattoo on your face and you better be certain about it. HUH?!? I've never gotten a tattoo on my face, but I'm fairly certain that having a child is so NOT like getting a tattoo on your face. Well, no wonder she didn't want a child. Someone tells you something like that, it doesn't sound like the most appealing thing in the world. Hmmm.... Tattoo on the face or leave my husband, run off to Italy, write a book about my fabulous self and make a ton of money.

But if you really want an authentic spiritual journey, one that will completely blow your mind and change the way you think about life, love, and God- have a child.